Monday, August 19, 2013

Homemade Skirt Apron!

This afternoon I went to my room to get a bandanna for my hair because I was about to fix the lawn mower and cut the grass. But when I opened my dresser drawer to get the bandanna, I found a skirt I had bought a while back at a thrift store but had forgotten about. I never got to wear it because I later discovered a hole in the back, and so I put it away to patch later on. But today I had an idea. The skirt is now too big, and so instead of patching it and taking it up in the waist, I decided to make an apron out of it (instead of going back outside to do yard work)! ;)

First, I folded and cut it in half:

Then I measured to make it the right size to fit, and what I had left over I used for ties and a pocket:


Next, I pinned the sides and ties, and hemmed them up:


Lastly, I zig-zag stitched on a pocket:


And voila! A perfectly good apron made in only about thirty minutes!


Have a blessed day!
~Courtney

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And so useful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and I love it! :) I always happy to get something I have forgotten. And you are looking good in that apron.

    Delvalina
    delvalinatuanger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete