Friday, September 27, 2013

Somebody's Watching

"Always try your BEST. You never know if there's a little girl watching and thinking, I wanna be JUST LIKE HER."
This is so true. I know I have always looked up to certain older girls as good role models. Now perhaps I am one to some young girl out there somewhere. And someday, Lord willing, I will have my own precious daughter who will look to me as her example, whom she admires more than anyone.
I need to strive every single moment -- starting now -- to be that good role model for her someday. I have to be who I want my daughter to grow up to be.
That's a big responsibility, but it's so worth it! I'm very thankful that my mom is such a wonderful person I have always been proud to model myself after.
Be the kind of lady you want your sons to marry and your daughters to become.
"...In speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example to those who believe." (1 Timothy 4:12b) 
Have a blessed day!
~Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I had posted something like this on facebook the other day because I was eating chocolate at this food pantry I volunteer at when this little ran over to her mom and said "Mommy, can I eat my chocolate now? I want to eat it just like that girl!" And she pointed over to me. I was in shock! Like, woah....She wants to do little things that I do! That got me thinking a ton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How precious! It's amazing to think just who all is watching, especially those you'd least expect, and you're right: it does set you to thinking! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete