Tuesday, November 19, 2013

19 Things

I've noticed a lot of people on Facebook lately doing a game where you write a certain number of little-known facts about yourself. It sounded like fun, but my Facebook friends already know me and I suspect they might find it quite boring to see a post from me all about me. So... since this blog is still somewhat new and I have only briefly introduced myself a little bit, I've decided to list nineteen not-so-well-known facts about me. Nineteen, just 'cause it's the 19th and I am nineteen years old.

So. 

Here goes:
  1. Sour cream with corn chips is one of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to food.
  2. If I ever see fuzz, a hair, or a wrinkle, etc. on your clothes, I will find it VERY difficult to refrain myself from fixing it -- regardless of whether I know you or not.
  3. Once I wrote a letter to the President and soon after received a reply from the White House.
  4. A few years ago I met Charlene (Maggie Peterson) and one of the Darling brothers (Rodney Dillard) from the Andy Griffith Show. I won a copy of Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook that day and they both autographed it. 
  5. I am not a take-charge kind of person, and am terrified of being the center of attention in big groups. At my graduation I spoke in front of 400+ people... (NEVER. AGAIN.)
  6. Thanks to my dad and three brothers, I really like to watch football and actually understand it. Roll Tide!
  7. My favorite author is Frank Peretti, and I prefer mystery/suspense novels over most chick-flick stories. The scarier the book, the better.
  8. I  can count on one hand how many times I've been inside a public school building during school hours, but I have experienced lunchroom food on several occasions. All I can say to that is, there's no place like home.
  9. The fourth governor of Alabama, John Murphy, was my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather (and if that isn't correct, it's close enough anyway), and I have shaken hands with our current governor, Robert Bentley.
  10. I'm afraid of heights, but I still think it would be the coolest thing ever to go to space and look down on the earth, because a view like that would be priceless. But certain people in my life won't allow me to leave the planet. Good thing, probably.
  11. I can read Hebrew and speak a few lines of the language. B'reishyt bara Elohim et ha'shamayim v'et ha'aretz! 
  12. Little Women, 1994 version. Best. Movie. Ever. 
  13. Someday I would like to study and learn iridology and kinesiology. Because it's weird and so am I.
  14. I DO NOT like being late for anything.
  15. One day I hope to publish a novel.
  16. I am definitely a morning person, but only if I have my coffee soon after I get up.
  17. Psalm 143:8 is my favorite Bible verse. 
  18. I want to live to be 106. That way, it would be year 2100 and I will have lived in three centuries.
  19. I rarely ever write in print. Cursive is just way classier.
Annnd there you have it! Nineteen unimportant and probably totally useless facts/quirks about me. Have a great day, and hopefully I'll be back with another (real) article very soon! I've got two or three or four brewing inside my brain right now...

Oh, and before I forget: I will be trying my HARDEST to begin posting once, if not twice a week, plus a possible recipe every Tuesday! AND there is a poll to your right if you would like to vote on what kind of topics you would like to read more of, so please do! Stay tuned!

~Courtney





p.s. Sometimes when I get bored I like to take ridiculous selfies.

6 comments:

  1. Frank Perreti is my favorite author too!!!! Him and Tedd Dekker!<3 yes! I love suspense books. I'm also afraid of heights and I hate being late. which is why I'd prefer biking to church in the morning versus going with my mom. my church starts at 10 and I normally get there by 8-9. lol.
    I also want to publish a novel one day.
    I love all these random facts about you.
    AND THE PICTURES! Gosh girl you are GORGEOUS!!!!
    have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! We must be long-lost twins! lol And another thing: my (middle) name is also Faith! Thanks, I hope you have a nice day too! :)

      Delete
  2. You're way too cool! Funny cause Princess Faith is my best friend and while I was reading some those I was like "it sounds like Faith!" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! You two sound like really cool gals! :)

      Delete