Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Love Is All You Need

 

One of my favorite chapters in the Bible is 1 Corinthians 13. It tells us that love is not just a word -- it's a verb! Love is more than just a feeling -- it's a way of life. 
     I really, really like the way For King and Country quotes it in their song "Proof of Your Love": 
     
     If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 
     If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 
     If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. 
     So no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, 
I am bankrupt without love.

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, but whatever we do, we must to it heartily, as to the Lord. We MUST have love, no matter what. If we don't have love, it doesn't do us any good! No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I am bankrupt without love. Love completes us. Love is all we need. Love heals, love encourages, love binds up, love rejoices in the truth. But most importantly, Love DIED for us. LOVE is what saves us from who we once were. LOVE is all that matters. LOVE is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment