Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Modesty

Hey, gals! I hope you're having a wonderful day. We had lots of rain here yesterday, and this morning it's so nice and sunny outside. I love how everything sparkles after a nice rain shower! Today I want to tell you about what happened to me and three friends last Friday. We have homeschool co-op classes once a week, and I help in the cake decorating class. It was lunch time, so we girls went to Walmart to get some Subway sandwiches for our families. As we walked in, we passed a man who was taking up donations for the veterans. One of the girls said something to me about giving him something on the way out. So, we all walked in and ordered our sandwiches and headed back outside. Me and one of my friends were wearing skirts, and my other two friends were wearing very modest pants. So there was that man again, and he told me hello and asked how I was doing. Then he said, "Can I compliment you girls?" I didn't really know what to say, so I was like, "Sure." The other girls had walked up behind me and listened. He was so nice as he told us, "I love how you dress." He said it was so great to see young women like us not dressing like the world. And then he asked if we were homeschooled. I told him we were, but had graduated. He smiled and said he could tell. Then he went on to say how homschooling is so much better than public school, because evolution "does us no good." We talked with him a few minutes and then told him good bye, and have a nice day. We walked away with smiles on our faces and thankfulness in our hearts. Wow. He totally made my day. It was extremely encouraging to know that dressing modestly is a big statement for God. That man knew by one look at us that we were Christians, and weren't dressing to be noticed in a bad way, like the world does. I just can't say how happy it made me feel. Dress modestly for Christ and He will be seen and others will be made to think about Him whenever you're around! That's big. I think it makes God even happier than we were when someone sees His light shining through us! "Out of my heart, out of my heart, shine out of my heart, Lord Jesus! Shine out today, shine out always; shine out of my heart, Lord Jesus!"

1 comment: