Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions for 2013

Happy New Year!

Today is the beginning of a new year, oftentimes thought of as a new beginning. Everyday granted us is another chance to begin anew, but the start of a new year is always encouraging to become the person we weren't last year.

Many people make New Year's resolutions lists, and try to succeed in completing their goals, whether they are things they want to do, people they want to meet or get to know better, or improve their lives more than before. I always make a list, and although I may not accomplish everything I had intended to, I can say that each year I have grown closer to the Lord and some very wonderful Christian friends. I've been beyond blessed this past year, and am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to make new lasting friendships.

Last night (or early this morning, rather), I made a list of things I want to improve on in the coming year. I may make alternations or additions, but you'll get the gist of it. This is what I wrote down:

  • Pray more
  • Grow closer to God
  • Become a servant as Christ was
  • Encourage others more
  • Have more faith in God's timing
  • Become the kind of woman my future husband needs in a wife
  • Always be a good example to those around me, especially my younger siblings and cousins
  • No gossiping
  • Smile more, sing more, be happier
  • Eat healthier
  • Use my talents/gifts for God's glory only

I am resolved no longer to linger,
Charmed by the world's delight,
Things that are higher, things that are nobler,
These have allured my sight.

I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free;
Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.
I will hasten, hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free;
Jesus, Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.

(Palmer Hartsough)

 What are some of your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment