Monday, December 31, 2012

Patience In the New Year

As you know, tomorrow is the first day of the new year, 2013. And if you're like me, you're making a mental list in your mind of things you resolve to change and improve in your life in the coming year. I have many things I need to improve, and my spiritual life is always number one on my list. I need to pray more, speak less, be encouraging, be a helpful servant like Christ, and so on. One of my biggest weaknesses is being too impatient. I'm a hurry-it-along type of person, always wanting things to happen on time and in just the right way. I sometimes struggle with worrying about whether or not things will work out, but I have gotten better at having faith that God's plans are the best. I've always known He does what is best for each one of us, but I find that difficult to believe sometimes, especially when an answer is delayed. So this next year I am going to strive extra hard to have faith in His plans for me, trust that they are for my good, and patience for when some things seem to take longer than I had hoped. If you're having difficulties with these same things, here are some verses that I looked up last night to help out the impatient person in life (like me):

"Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass... Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him..." (Psalm 37:5,7)

"Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!" (Psalm 27:14)

"In You, O LORD, I put my trust; let me never be ashamed... For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name's sake, lead me and guide me." (Psalm 31:1,3)

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him." (Psalm 62:5)

"Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain." (Psalm 127:1)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

God bless! Happy New Year!

~Courtney

1 comment: