Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Eleven

Today is my sister's 11th birthday.

It amazes me how quickly time flies, and how fast we grow up. Seems like only yesterday I was that little, without a care in the world.

So, this morning I got to thinking: What do I remember most about being her age?

I LOVED being eleven! It was a wonderful year. I had fun playing with my siblings and cousins outside, and I learned a lot about a lot of things.

These are just a few highlights from my eleventh year:
-It was 2005
-I got a new baby brother!
-My cousins lived next door
-I had really long hair
-I still played with baby dolls
-I was in karate and art class
-I started "journaling" and have been doing it ever since
-My cousin and I wanted to start up a band
-I was in 5th grade
-I was still losing teeth >_<
-I read American Girl and Nancy Drew books all. the. time.
-I always wanted to solve a mystery (just like Nancy Drew!)

Eleven was great. But so were the years before that and 12, 13, 14... all the way to 19! Life just keeps getting better.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!" (Psalm 118:24) 
 "My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle... Oh, remember that my life is a breath!" (Job 7:6-7)

Enjoy each day we're given; it is a gift from God!

Have a blessed day!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment