Thursday, November 28, 2013

28 Days of Thanksgiving



November is almost over and Thanksgiving Day is here. It’s hard to believe Christmas is less than a month away now.

I've so enjoyed seeing everyone’s thankful posts on Facebook these past few weeks. We all have so much to be thankful for. But once November is over, let’s not forget to be just as grateful all the other months of the year! Since Thanksgiving is on the 28th this year, I've made a list of 28 things I’m thankful for.
  1. A God and Father who loves me like nobody’s business.
  2. A Savior and Friend who gave His life for me to set me free from sin so I can live my life for Him and someday live with Him in heaven.
  3. Christian parents who are always there for me no matter what.
  4. Four awesome siblings that get on my nerves like no one else can, but I love more than anyone else will. And I wouldn’t trade them for anything in this world.
  5. The best grandparents I could ask for.
  6. Aunts, uncles, and cousins who are just plain awesome.
  7. The most wonderful friend in the world, someone who loves me, laughs with me, listens, and helps me grow closer to God everyday. You mean so much to me.
  8. Good Christian friends that I know are there for me, rain or shine. I’m so blessed to call you my brothers and sisters.
  9. My jobs and the people I work for/with. Such a blessing!
  10. The freedom we have in this country. America is far from perfect, but I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.
  11. Fall. I just love the crispness of the cool air, the beautiful changing colors of the leaves on the trees, and the breath-taking sunsets each evening.
  12. Gas prices that are lower than they have been in quite a while. It may not last long, but whatever. They’re nice while they last.
  13. Boots. I just adore boots.
  14. Good food and great cooks.
  15. Water, electricity, a warm home, and transportation.
  16. Books—lots of them—and the fact that I can read! I would be bored out of my mind if I didn’t have books and didn’t know how to read anything.
  17. Smiles! From family, from friends, from toothless babies, and from total strangers. A smile is so powerful it can turn a whole day around, and is pretty much impossible not to give in return after having received one. Send a little sunshine someone’s way, and make their day!
  18. Hugs! I love hugs. They simply make the world a better place.
  19. Music—it makes the heart glad.
  20. Girl talk. Couldn’t live without it.
  21. Kittens. We have three cats and they are just so cute. SO cute.
  22. The color yellow. God must have been in a REALLY good mood when He made that wonderful happy color, don’t you think?
  23. Notebooks and pens for whenever inspiration kicks in.
  24. Art.
  25. Rainy days, tin roofs, and relaxing. If that isn’t homey, I don’t know what is.
  26. Challenges, because that’s when I learn the most.
  27. Chapstick.
  28. Coffee! Definitely coffee. 
Every day is a blessing and there is always something to be thankful for.

“Every day I will bless You,
And I will praise Your name forever and ever.
Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised,
And His greatness is unsearchable.”
(Psalm 145:2-3)

“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing;
In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment