Sunday, November 25, 2012

Aspiring Writer

The month of November, in case you didn't know, is National Novel-Writing Month, better known as NaNoWriMo. This year I have attempted to produce a 50,000 word novel in thirty days or less. As of right now, I am just getting to the 31,000 word mark. My goal was to at least hit 30K, and now I am just trying to get to 35K, and then as high as I possibly can before midnight, December 1st. This has been a challenge, but also a ton of great fun and a wonderful learning experience. It makes me feel like an unsociable nerd with no life and who lives off of coffee and life experiences to inspire me, but that is totally okay with me. I could live just as happily in a hole, as long as I had some coffee, books, and paper and a pencil. Seriously, that's no joke. So back I go, into my little world of fantasy and fiction, that peaceful place I go to think and sort out my thoughts. I intend to do my very best at writing until I have absolutely no time left. I must finish my story. And even if it isn't my best work, at least I will have completed my first novel. Someday, maybe, with a lot of patience, perseverance, and prayer, I hope to be able to publish something worth reading.

Until next time, everyone!

One of the many aspiring writers,
Courtney Faith

1 comment: