Wednesday, November 28, 2012

NaNoWriMo COMPLETE!


I have officially FINISHED and WON NaNoWriMo!! I didn't quite make it to 50,000 words like I had originally intended, but I did reach my other goal of 35,000 words plus 2!

My novel is called Where I Belong, and is about a sixteen year-old girl named Chloe. Chloe Greene is just an ordinary sixteen year-old country girl living on ho-hum Hickory Lane. She wants to travel and change the world for the better, but someone holds her back. Beau, her long-time crush and brother's best friend, tells her some things that make her reconsider her dreams. Will she decide to try and leave the country someday to start a revolution on her own, or will Beau convince her to stay home and encourage the people in their own community first? Will Chloe do what she wants to do, or will she seek God's will for her life?

I may or may not post the story on here, but I'm not sure yet. Hopefully I'll get some more inspiration for the next story I'm wanting to write. If all goes well, this one will be totally different from the stuff I'm used to writing, with more of a Peretti style to it.

Am I excited? YES.

1 Peter 4:10 says,  "As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."

And always remember this: "Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)

Give God the glory for all you do! "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men." (Colosians 3:23)

Have a blessed Wednesday!

~Courtney

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Congratulations!!! That's a HUGE accomplishment! my friend has been begging me to do NaNo with her but I don't think I can. lol. maybe next time.
    But I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete