Thursday, December 6, 2012

Words of Promise by Ruth

"But Ruth replied, 'Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us!'" (Ruth 1:16-17 NLT)

I was reading this wonderful passage today and thought they would make absolutely beautiful marriage vows at a wedding! To say that to your groom and have him say it back to you would be beyond romantic. To say, "I'll stay with you always, love your family as my own, die with you, and love the one true God as you do, and nothing but death can tear us apart," would be beautiful. That's basically what all marriage vows say, but I love the way that Ruth said it, and for her it was truly an unselfish promise she vowed to keep.

Just a little something. Have a blessed Thursday!

~Courtney

1 comment: